Diamond is a cross platform compact editor designed for programmers. It was developed using
the CopperSpice libraries and was written in C++.
The Diamond project began as a replacement for the Crimson and Emerald Editors which were Windows only programs and are no longer supported.
The Diamond Editor is open source and released under GPL V2.
- View multiple documents in movable tabs
- Auto Load previously open Files
- Configuration saved as a JSON format
- Define preset Folders
- Insert Date, Time, and Symbols
- Search and Replace
- Advanced Find
- Syntax Highlighting based on File Type
- Horizontal or Vertical split Window
- Spell Check
- Customize printed Header and Footer
- Show Spaces and Tabs
- User definable standard and custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Record, Save, and Play back Macros
Source code can be downloaded from our CopperSpice forum. Diamond Source
Binary files for multiple platforms can be downloaded from our CopperSpice forum. Diamond Binaries
The documentation can be downloaded from our CopperSpice forum. Diamond Documentation
The git repository can be downloaded from Github. Diamond Github